Santa Fe Innovates concluded its fifth cohort with an idea pitch on Saturday, November 12, 2022. Nine entrepreneurs pitched ideas they have refined over the course of five weeks to a panel of judges that determined the top idea winners.
The idea pitch approach focused on achieving a problem-solution fit by answering these questions:
- Why now? What problem is triggering this solution?
- What is the solution?
- Who are the customers?
- How do you defend against the competition?
- How do you capture value?
- Why you?
- What’s next for your idea?
The top idea was awarded to the team of Ariane Mahmud-Ghazi and Rehana Archuleta Hadid for this idea:
“The Afghan Women’s Collaborative is a community hub that houses income-generating programs employing Afghan women refugees in a sewing collaborative, a catering business, and a food product line. Leveraging their experience in cooking and sewing, they become familiar navigating Western culture, learning English language skills, training to become skilled in small scale-manufacturing & high-quality Afghan & Middle Eastern food production, managing their own finances and becoming self-sufficient in supporting their families.”
The next top idea was awarded to the team of Kara Smith and Sean O’Shea for this idea:
“Craft Strategy Studio is a strategic planning firm disrupting the stale industry norms that have been in use for nearly a century. Using innovative short + simple planning sessions and an adaptable subscription-based model, we build accountability and flexibility directly into the planning process leading to action-oriented priorities that actually get done. With a focus on nonprofits and government sector clients, Craft Strategy Studio is improving the way strategic planning benefits communities across the country.”
- Top idea – up to $1,500 in either trademark/IP consulting services or branding/marketing consulting services. The top idea will receive an added benefit of a one-year entrepreneur-level membership to NM Angels.
- Next top idea – up to $1,000 in either trademark/IP services or branding/marketing service.
We would like to thank our panel of judges:
- Rich Brown – Director, Community and Economic Development
- Kyle Guin – Founder, Brands Lab inc.
- Francine Sommer – Investor and entrepreneur, Respect Wellness
- Drew Tulchin – President, NM Angels
Grateful for the Santa Fe Economic Development Department!
Thanks to the City of Santa Fe for their support of the early-stage program and the idea pitch!
Grateful for our mentors!
We especially want to thank our mentors whose time and expertise makes our early-stage program possible. Their work with the entrepreneurs has greatly improved the quality of the idea pitches.